Sunday, March 31, 2013

Why tea?

Tea has always remained a dear part of my life. I don’t miss any occasion or time of the day when I shouldn't have tea. Tea leaves have a different and mesmerizing kind of aroma. With just a few sips, I feel better for rest of the day.

Getting up early in the morning and having tea! Well, this habit hasn't moved away from my life except for few years. There was a time in mid-nineties when I had left the beverage after a severe bout of jaundice. I was bed-ridden for a couple of months and my favorite drink was not allowed. This all started when I started having tea at the road side stall or in the college canteen during the late afternoons. As we are all aware, things are not hygienic and we just wish to have if cups are feasible with pocket money.

However, I started having tea from 2005 onwards….if I’m not mistaken. I should say I fell in love with it again. When I’m at home, I can’t stay without it for long. I wish to have at least 3- 4 cups each day. Thus, on weekends, I usually have 4 mugs of tea. Mugs are bigger than cups but not as big as tumblers. I start my morning with tea, breakfast with tea. I take lunch after 4 so a cup of tea after that. In the evening, I have it around 9. I don’t mind having tea as long as right proportion of ingredients is added to it.

In other words, I usually prepare beverage with few drops of milk. Ginger is essential during boil. When tea leaves are added, I close the lid for few seconds. The tea leaves its aroma instantly and you can relish once it’s poured in a cup. I have no hesitation with more sugar but adequate proportion is added to give sweetness.

Tea is but tea. It has a kind of aroma, a taste unmatchable with any other spice or herb. It is unique and good in digesting too. It is advised to have lemon tea or green tea. If you can’t stay without having milk tea, I believe, give a try to my kind of tea. It is appetizing, tantalizing and sumptuous. Well, I am running out of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment